Saturday, December 21, 2013

Small Things

Be warned: I've joined a blog hop. Hosted by VikLit, it's supposed to be limited to Fridays, but I can't wait until then to celebrate the small things. I want to celebrate them now! So here goes.
     I'll start with an extremely small one: my bank account. December is a horrible month for our finances and it's been compounded this year by an instance of credit card fraud. We're not alone in this, but we were lucky to find out about it the day before all the Target customers discovered they were victims of the retailer's data breach. I imagine we squeaked in just before the bank was flooded with calls, so I'm hoping the investigation will go forth without a hitch. And I'm thanking God for the small favor that there even is an investigation, because it means we probably won't be held accountable for the charges. Unfortunately, the reason I'm so confident of this is that it's happened before. On the bright side, the situation makes for a good excuse to post a scene from one of my favorite holiday movies. Here's Bing Crosby in White Christmas, reminding us not to sweat the small stuff. I'm going to take his advice.

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite movies. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too! We watch it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had that happen to you. Happy New Year and thank you for celebrating with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the chance to celebrate with you, VikLit. And it's okay about the debit card. So many people had that happen to them this year. Happy New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete